Anthony Flynn is a busy man. As the Founder of AmazingCEO, Flynn must keep healthy and stay driven to maintain his company and family. In this piece, Flynn tells us what drives him, how he creates his 'best self', and how he keeps his energy high.
1) The No. 1 thing that drives me and keeps me powering forward is my spiritual routine and regiment. I get up every morning between 3:00 AM and 4:00 AM depending upon which days I workout, I get up earlier on my workout days. The intent of my early rising is purposeful for the sake of getting "hard things" done before the rest of the world wakes up. Whether in life or business, I like to get ahead of the curve. This way, when I finally interact with the rest of the world, I am actually engaged and able to be "present" in the moment and not be distracted because I am thinking of all the things I need to do.
2) I am a huge family guy! There is nothing I enjoy more than hanging out with my wife and kids, sincerely! As far as I am concerned, if I were to finish well in business at the end of my life but not have a healthy relationship with my wife and kids, then I have lost in life. There is nothing more valuable than having a healthy relationship with them and I truly do mean nothing!
3) Behind that, I have three major communities that keep my energy high! My church community (Eagles Nest Church in Alpharetta, GA), The 100 Black Men of Atlanta and Breathe University, an online platform inspired by Dr. Eric Thomas, the No. 1 Motivational Speaker in the World! My life has been drastically changed in so many ways since connecting with these three communities. Additionally, Dr. Eric Thomas is one of my clients so having the opportunity to walk closely alongside him and exchange our best practices literally provides me with one of the most unique relationship experiences in the world. It's not every day that anyone can say they have access to a top motivator in the world. If you can only imagine, I couldn't sleep in even if I wanted to do so!
4) I train at Lifetime Athletic Club, the Diamond Club in Sandy Springs. I don't have a "trainer" as I am fairly disciplined so I go via my own motivation. However, it does help to have other people on deck who also highly value staying in great condition. The location is great because it's central between my home and the various spaces where I spend most of my time working/in meetings.
5) Chef Rodney at House of Ambrosia is my go-to chef. He is from my hometown of Memphis, TN but lives in Atlanta now. He knows how to keep it "Southern" but also healthy. Our family uses his services quite a bit!