Join the ranks of the Kardashians and Tik Tokers everywhere by making a home-baked olive oil cake.
Pasolivo is an award-winning, family-owned olive orchard that create award-winning olive-based products, ranging from top-tier olive oil to vinegars, spices, salts, bath and even body products. We have Pasolivo to thank for this week's delectable dessert recipe, a comforting and delicious strawberry take on the viral olive oil cake trend that swept quarantine.
“When using olive oil in any cooking you want to make sure you are using a high-quality extra virgin olive oil like Pasolivo," this according to Marisa Bloch Gaytan, Pasolivo’s level two Olive Oil Sommelier. "Pasolivo produces flavorful, high-quality EVOO’s that are guaranteed to give you the flavor and the health benefits you are looking for."
See also: Weekly Recipe: Apple Crumb Pie by Chef Andrea Anthony
For those who are unfamiliar, olive oil cakes use the familiar oil instead of other vegetable oils or butter as its consistency ingredient.
“Olive Oil is great for baking, because it is healthier for you than some other fats commonly used in baking," Gayton says. "It also makes your baked goods moister, allowing them to stay fresher longer."
This strawberry olive oil cake is not too sweet and very moist indeed, topped with a jam-like, balsamic vinegar-infused strawberry mix and garnished with a dollop of whipped cream—or a scoop if your sweet tooth is tingling.
Is your mouth watering? Good, now try this strawberry olive oil cake recipe for yourself.
Pasolivo's Strawberry Olive Oil Cake
- 8 oz strawberries, cleaned and quartered
- 5 tbsp strawberry jam
- 1¾ tsp Pasolivo Tuscan vinegar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp Pasolivo kosher flake sea salt
- 1½ cups sugar
- ⅓ cup Pasolivo California blend extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Pasolivo Tuscan vinegar
- 2 eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Mix strawberry jam and 1¾ tsp. Pasolivo Tuscan vinegar in a bowl. Stir in the strawberries, then pour into a parchment-lined springform pan and spread evenly.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Whisk the wet ingredients in a medium bowl, then pour into the dry ingredient bowl. Mix until just incorporated.
- Pour the mixture on top of the strawberries and jam in the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 60 minutes, until the cake is very browned.
- After removing from the oven, place a plate over the top of the pan and carefully flip the cake over onto it.
- Peel the parchment paper off and scrape the jam that is left on the paper onto the cake.
- Let cool to room temperature. Serve with whipped cream.
Visit Pasolivo online for more delicious olive oil recipes, to learn more about Pasolivo's family of products or to book an olive oil virtual tasting.