When you can’t decide on what to eat, why not try a bit of everything? Chicago’s Fulton Market Kitchen serves an array of international flavors from Indian to Italian, tying it all together with local ingredients and classic techniques.
Executive Chef Jonathan Harootunian has put his heart and soul into the menu, and because he wants to spread the joy of flavor with folks from coast to coast, he’s sharing his recipe for curry-butter roasted curried cauliflower below.
This recipe serves two and would be a delightful edition to any date-night dinner. Paired with olive oil poached cherry tomatoes, raisin chutney, cilantro crema and popped capers, it’s a savory mix of sensations sure to satisfy and impress.
View this post on Instagram
While the ingredient list may seem a little long, you probably already have most of what you need in your cupboard, and the cooking and assembly happens in a snap. It’s all about the plating with this one. Show off your culinary skills!
Curry-Butter Roasted Curried Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower - outer leaves removed
- 2 lb unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp madras curry powder
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup raisin chutney
- ⅛ cup cilantro crema
- Sprinkle of fried capers
- 1 lb raisins
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- ⅛ cup toasted mustard seeds
- Zest of 2 limes
- 3 tbsp minced ginger
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ⅛ cup packed cilantro leaves
- Combine butter with curry powder. When melted, strain to remove solids (discard solids)
- Dip cauliflower in curry butter - transfer to baking tray - bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Olive Oil Poached Tomatoes
- Simmer tomatoes in olive oil for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Keep warm until needed.
- Combine the ingredients and simmer over low heat for 2 hours.
- Combine all the ingredients and blend, then refrigerate until needed.
- Drain capers.
- Fry until crisp.
- Heat Cauliflower in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes (or until hot).
- On a desired serving plate, schemer 2 tablespoons of cilantro crema across the length of your plate.
- Place the heated cauliflower in the center of the plate.
- Garnish with 4 to 6 warmed cherry tomatoes, 2 ounces of room-temperature raisin chutney, sprinkle the plate with 2 ounces (more or less) of the crispy fried capers.
Visit Fulton Market Kitchen in Chicago and online for more delicious dishes and inspiration.